With refined deliberation, CVARR has constructed a set of specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-bound goals CVARR for 2020. These goals will guide and propel the work of our prevention, treatment, and recovery workgroups until their achievement in 2021 as we strive to transform Central Virginia into a region with safe and healthier communities!
2020 objectives will be developed by our respective workgroups as they begin the year prioritizing the specific needs and populations here in our community to develop SMART objectives and action strategies to further guide the work of the coalition in the coming year.
- Reduce youth substance use.
- Identify gaps in substance use treatment services in Central Virginia.
- Increase awareness of current treatment resources in Central Virginia.
- Reduce stigma associated with substance use disorders.
- Identify and reduce barriers to recovery such as: job opportunities, aftercare, transportation, rejection of MAT in mutual support groups, and inclusion.
- Increase the ‘voice of recovery’ at CVARR.